A comprehensive, clearly written textbook that provides a balance of animal and human studies to discuss the dynamic field of neuroscience from cellular signaling to cognitive function.
Neuroscience, Sixth Edition is intended primarily for medical, premedical, and undergraduate students. The books length and accessibility of its writing are a successful combination that has proven to work equally well for medical students and in undergraduate neuroscience courses. Being both comprehensive and authoritative, the book is also appropriate for graduate and professional use.
New to this edition:
- An expanded Cognitive Neuroscience unit includes new chapters on Attention, Decision Making, and Evolution of Cognitive Functions
- Reorganisation across the book enhances continuity
- The Neural Signaling unit has been expansively updated
- Clinical Applications boxes have been added
- Web Essays provide novel or historical topics for special discussion.