Becoming a Teacher through Action Research, Third Edition skillfully interweaves the stories of pre-service teaching with the process of action research. This engaging text focuses specifically on the needs of pre-service teachers by providing assistance for all stages of the research experience, including guidance on how to select an area of focus, design a culturally-proficient study, collect and interpret data, and communicate findings.
With an updated introduction and two new chapters, this revised edition fully develops a convincing response to the framing question of the book, "Why pre-service teacher action research?" The new edition continues to focus on elements of trustworthy pre-service teacher action research, and provides a more robust overview of research methodology. Using additional activities, charts, and examples, this book offers support during the steps of writing a critical question, data collection, data analysis and the use of analytic memos.
New Features in the Third Edition include:
- New chapters on ongoing data analysis and final data interpretation, which include practice scenarios and examples to give readers a deeper understanding of doing the work of action research processes;
- An expanded chapter on action research methodology, which includes scaffolds for making methodological decisions, additional practice scenarios, and a revised action research design template;
- New end-of-chapter Content and Process Questions to encourage deeper understanding;
- New examples throughout, expanded additional glossary terms, enhanced literature review guidance, and updated templates to support action research projects;
- An updated companion website with downloadable templates and additional instructor resources;
- A revised interior text design to increase the accessibility of the text.
- This one-of-a-kind guide continues to offer invaluable support for teacher-education students during a critical phase of their professional—and personal—lives.
|File Size||3.72 MB|
|Create Date||August 19, 2019|
|Last Updated||August 19, 2019|
|Becoming a Teacher through Action Research||Download|